Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

I am a good mom

Do you ever have those days that you think, "Wow! I really had my poop in a group today!"?

Well...they come few and far between for me and my herd. Most days I feel like I failed miserably and am so very glad that their forgiving little hearts will give me another try in the morning. Today though...today was different.

It wasn't anything out of the ordinary. It wouldn't sound spectacular from the outside looking in. My littles were entertained and happy most of the day. I comforted a very teething toddler with more grace than usual. I did homework with my second grader with patience, a smile on my face, and silliness to help remember spelling words. I made a good, homemade dinner, baked muffins and brownies. Had two extra children in my house for a few hours with no major catastrophes. Ate dinner and had good (albeit toddler-interrupted) conversation with a dear friend and sent her home with more calories than she probably wanted, but it was good for both of our momma hearts. At least it was good for mine!

The trash didn't get taken out, the laundry didn't get done, and there are dirty dishes in the sink.

But when I tucked each of my four babies into bed tonight, all they cared about was that momma gave them extra kisses, and sang an extra song, and searched for the very specific missing nigh'night blanket.

And tonight when the grouchy toddler wakes me up at 1 am, I'll bring her to bed with me and snuggle her little baby softness up and remember....I AM a good mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment