Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Holy Guacamole!

There are certain things you sacrifice when you live in rural Montana. Fresh produce is high on that list.  Avocado's top that list.

If you're lucky enough to find good quality avo's that didn't suffer too badly during their trip from sunshine and 75º to frozen tundra, they're not going to be cheap.

So when you find them in good shape AND only .88¢ a piece, you buy those suckers!!

Which is precisely what I did, because I LOVE guacamole. Love it. I could eat it every day. For obvious reasons, I dont.  So this was a treat!

Simple, Fresh, Guac

1 perfectly ripe avocado
1/2 of an equally ripe roma tomato, finely diced
1T finely diced onion (if you're smarter than me and remember to buy onions)
Dash of salt, onion powder, garlic powder
Skosh of lemon juice (Is "skosh" a legit measurement in the culinary world? I dont know…)
1T mayonnaise
**Optional…pepper, red pepper flakes (if you're not a spicy food weenie like me), cumin, or anything else that sounds like it might be good! Just start with little amounts, because you can always add more.

Look at these beautifully ripe beauties! A winter miracle!
Aw, I <3 you too avocado!

 The cast of characters. Minus the onions, because I'm a flake.



Mayo….it makes everything better. Yes, I realize that's probably more than 1T. I like my mayo, what can I say? 


Smush it all up with a fork, adjust seasonings and spices to taste, devour with tortilla chips. Or a spoon. Whatever. 



No comments:

Post a Comment