Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Crochet Flower Pattern FREE!

I have a project in mind for my daughters room, but I couldn't find a crochet flower pattern that I liked for it. So I made one up.

This could also be used as an embellishment on just about anything you want, or glued to a hair clip!

It could also be made smaller by decreasing the number of hdc's in the first round, just make sure to keep it an uneven number…for some reason, flowers look weird with an even number of petals! Or maybe it's just my OCD. You do whatever you want with your flowers!

Here's the pattern! Keep in mind, I'm not a professional pattern writer. In fact…this is the first pattern I've ever written! I'll do my best, but feel free to comment with any questions!

Also….if you want instructions with pictures, keep scrolling down!

Crochet Flower

Ch 4, ss in first chain to create loop (or use a magic ring if you want to pull the center closed tight)

9 hdc in center, finish off, change color

Ch3, 2dc, ch3, ss in first hdc

*Ss, ch3, 2dc, ch3, ss in next hdc
*repeat around until you have 9 petals


ss in base of first ch3, finish off.  Leave tails to sew onto project, or cut short to glue onto canvas.

I used a couple different hook sizes. This shows the difference in size between an I hook (pink flower) and a G hook (purple flower)! The pink one is just a bit bigger! Experiment with different hook sizes if you want bigger or smaller flowers! 



Instructions with pictures! 

Ch 4, ss in first chain ( fourth from your hook, where the blue star is!) to create loop



This is what your loop will look like after you slip stitch into the first chain.


Half double crochet in the center of the loop. This is the start of a hdc.


Pull through all three loops


Keep going with the hdc's in the center hole until you have 9, then slip stitch in the bottom of the first hdc you made (where the blue star is!)



Chain stitch and cut the loop and pull it tight to finish off. 

                                            

Pull up a loop of the petal color in the same stitch you finished off in. 

Chain 3


Two double crochets in the same stitch, then chain three


Slip stitch back down in the same stitch


Slip stitch in the next stitch over, and chain three

Then the same two double crochets, chain three, slip stitch all in the same stitch, then move to the next.


So you will *ss, ch 3, 2dc, ch3, ss* around for a total of nine petals.

Then slip stitch in the bottom of the very first chain three (where the blue star is!)


 Finish off the same way you did the first round.  Leave tails to sew onto project, or cut short to glue onto canvas.

The petals always look rumply to me, so I push them around and flatten them til they look right! 


No comments:

Post a Comment