Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Faith, Hope, and Love a Cowboy

Yesterday I re-posted one of my old blog posts that happens to be my husbands favorite. 

Today I am re-posting one of MY favorites! I wrote this a few years ago, and I love looking back at where we were in our relationship compared to where we are now. I am happy to say that everything I had hoped and prayed for then has come to be now! I think we've found our rainbow and roses through the thunder, and have our family and our marriage on the path we want it to be! 

So here it is….Love a Cowboy…



    Faith Hope and Love are three very important things to have when you are a cowboy’s wife. Garth wasn’t kidding when he said “Whatcha gonna do with a Cowboy?” It’s such a satisfying struggle to love someone that is so passionate with such an unbridled spirit. It kind of feels like you are standing in the middle of a raging storm, praying you wont get hit by lightning and loving every minute of it but wondering how you got there in the first place.

The trick is figuring out how to balance that storm. I lean on faith. Faith that God has a plan and I have this cowboy for a reason. Faith that my prayers for help are heard. Faith that he will use his passion to grow his family. Faith that he loves me like I love him. Faith that I have the strength to ride out his storms and rein him in without breaking his spirit. Faith that the rain and thunder will soon bring rainbows and roses.

I think most cowboys these days were born a hundred years too late. For a while, I thought that about myself. Then I came to realize that I like electricity, running water, bling belts and hairspray too much. I’m definitely a modern day cowgirl! But my husband would be perfectly content to live like Monte Walsh, ugly mustache and all. The frustration he feels at not having the freedom of the cowboys past is all too clear some days. So I hope. Hope that I can give him the freedom to be everything he dreams of. Hope that he sees the results of his hard work. Hope that I can love him as passionately as he loves everything. Hope that he hears God’s words. Hope that our boys inherit his enthusiasm. Hope that what we envision for our family will come to be.

Have you ever watched a cowboy ride a bronc horse? Their spirits match. They are wild and free and are meant to be together and for a few seconds the world is exactly how it‘s supposed to be. When I watch a horse running through a pasture, head up and tail flying, it brings out emotions in me that are only compared to watching my own cowboy do something he loves. Or watching my little cowboys grow. It’s a love that comes from deep down in my soul. Love that I pray matches his.

I’m thankful that God gave me the love part, because otherwise I’m fairly certain that faith and hope would have lost out to violent murder. But since He DID give me the love part, my cowboy is alive and well, testing my faith and hope on a daily basis instead of in a shallow grave somewhere in the back 40. Some day’s, I don’t know how I’m going to keep from losing my sanity, my faith or my hope. But my love is something I never lose. Sometimes it’s quiet and I have to listen really hard for it. Those are the days I have to remember…..

Faith.

Hope.

And Love a cowboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment